The Bike Shop
Book an appointment by calling 778-265-7433 or drop by the shop.
The Pedaler offers bicycle sales, maintenance and repair services at our downtown shop, in the heart of James Bay.
The Pedaler also has bikes for sale. We sell mostly urban, touring and electric bikes. We can also install e-bike motor/battery kits on an existing bike. From time to time we also sell some of our rental fleet of Norco Hybrid, Simcoe City Cruiser and e-Bikes. We list our bikes on UsedVictoria and Facebook Marketplace.
Whether you are getting a Basic Tune-up at the beginning of the season, or a Full-Service after a season of riding, or a simple flat repair The Pedaler can fix it for you. We can either fix it, service it, or replace it. For same-day service please book an appointment online or call us during opening hours. Loaner bikes available.
To book an appointment call us at 778-265-7433 or drop by the shop.
Minor Checkup / Bike Safety
- Safety Inspection
- Lubricate drivetrain
- Torque all fasteners
- Minor adjustments to brakes and shifting
- Inflate tires
The Pedaler’s Traditional Tune
$75 (plus parts if required)
Everything in Level 1 plus:
- Frame and drivetrain clean and check
- Drivetrain and brake adjustments
- Headset, hub, and bottom bracket adjust
- Full wheel true
- Post-service test ride
Everything in Level 2 plus:
- Complete bicycle disassembly down to the frame
- Overhaul bottom bracket, hubs, and headset
- Inspect and service freehub
- Labour to replace all cables, housings, and bar tape
- Flush hydraulic lines and bleed
- Labour to replace brake pads
Shop Rate: $60/hr, parts extra
- Flat Repair ($20+tube if required)
- Removing squeaks and creaks
- Replace broken spoke(s)
- Install/service dropper post
- Bleed/flush brakes
- Install fender or rack
- Install wired / wireless computer
- Install bar tape
- Align derailleur hanger
- Install tire and tube
- Install chain and casette