The Pedaler Cycling Tours is the premiere provider of lighthearted, urban bicycle tours in Victoria. Our website lists our creative menu of guided bicycle tours that our customers have come to love. The work environment at our funky downtown shop is fast paced with a focus on providing amazing customer service. If you love riding a bicycle (with or without lycra), sharing your love of Victoria, and meeting new people, we would love to hear from you!
The Pedaler is currently seeking intelligent, organized and friendly personnel to join our team for the 2017 season. Our Shop Mavens work with our team helping customers with rental equipment and route planning, answering the phone, updating our booking system with tour and rental reservations, scheduling guides for our tours, operating an iPad based point of sale system, and providing amazing customer service to all customers. Pedaler employees are trained in all our guided tours so they can comfortably promote these to our customers. This position also provides the opportunity to be trained as a bicycle tour guide for appropriate candidates. We are a fast paced environment with a focus on customer service and we love to share the joy of riding bicycles around Victoria. This full time position will typically work 4 days per week.
Desired Attitudes, Skills and Experience
- must be able to ride a bike
- point-of-sale system experience (cash open/close, daily reconciliation, collect payments, vouchers, certificates, process refunds)
- experience with word, excel, iPad
- ability to provide an excellent customer service experience
- organized and able to multi-task
- strong verbal communication skills
- local knowledge of bicycle routes, and the food and drink scene
- first aid certificate for leading tours only
- schedule flexibility; every effort is made to schedule consecutive days off
- no multi-day absences during the summer season other than regularly scheduled days off
- get along with co-workers in a fast paced environment
- be able to respectfully give/take direction to/from others
- fun, casual work environment in an indoor/outdoor setting
- employee pricing on bicycle equipment and accessories
- gratuities when working as a tour guide
- $11.25/hour plus end of season bonus for all shop hours worked
Email us at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume and tell us why you will be a great addition to our team! We look forward to hearing from you.